- ► 2012 (70)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- Morellino di Scansano at Buscion
- Stresa Nights
- Stresa in Literature -- Follow Me to Stresa
- Settimane Musicali di Stresa -- Stresa Music Festi...
- Settimana del Tulipano at Villa Taranto
- FYI -- Using The Bus System In Stresa
- The Borromeo Tapestries
- Villa San Remigio -- The Other Place I Didn't Go
- Chiesa di San Remigio -- The Place I Didn't Go
- FYI - Driving Directions From Malpensa to Stresa -...
- Wunder Kammer on Isola Bella
- Stresa Train Station
- Buona Pasqua a Tutti
- Alessi Factory of Italian Design
- Help The Victims In Abruzzo
- Giardino Botanico Alpinia
- Filetto di Maialino Con Mele Caramellate Al Calvad...
- ▼ April (17)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
9:39 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
I haven't read it yet... but I just heard that Susan D. Ree, of Salt Lake City, UT, has recently self-published her first novel, which is entitled Follow Me to Stresa. The reviews say that it's a part romance/part mystery/part travelogue story revolving around an American woman, Ruth Adamson, on a three-week tour of Italy, during which she becomes involved with a mysterious man, Jack Anthony, who she has met on the plane. Her tour begins and ends in Stresa, and apparently the details are accurate apart from a dinner scene in the grotto of the Borromeo Palace.
Hmmm, I wonder if she ever took aperitivo at Buscion ... ?
Here's the link to Follow Me to Stresa on Amazon.com.
Labels: just for fun
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (89)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)