Lakeview Apartments!!

Lakeview Apartments!!
Bella Vista 1-bedroom holiday rentals

Heart of Stresa Apartments!!

Heart of Stresa Apartments!!
Stresa Apartments 1-bedroom holiday rentals

SEARCH THIS BLOG

STRESA WEATHER

STRESA WEATHER
Click for Forecast

2019 DATES COMING SOON

2019 DATES COMING SOON
CLICK HERE!

STRESA MAP

Malpensa / Stresa Bus

Malpensa / Stresa Bus
Available From 1 April to 13 Oct 2019 - Click to Book -
Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stuzzichini

Taking aperitivo is absolutely positively one of the things that I enjoy most about life in Italy. And the stuzzichini are one of the reasons why I love aperitivo so. You see, aperitivo consists of two parts. There is the bevanda, the drink. And then there are the stuzzichini. Stuzzichini are the little foods, we’d call them appetizers, that are put out, most often for free, in the bars during aperitivo time. Here are a few photos of favorite stuzzichini I have had in and around Stresa.


In Arona, pizza, spinach torta, chips, nuts, and olives. That's my Americano in the foreground.

In Verbania, a plate of fresh sliced meats, served beautifully around a center of different olives. That's my Prosecco on the side.


Astragalo, in Gravellona, is one of my favorite aperitivo hangouts. There is a never-ending buffet of foods, specializing in many kinds of bruschetta.


Here's a better view of a few of my bruschette. And that's my glass of Franciacorta just above it.

After some of these aperitivi there is no need for dinner. Quindi, therefore, for a budget conscious traveler, for the price of a glass of prosecco, it's possible to have a nice light meal as well. Just another reason to love Italy. And so, on my next trip, I promise that I'll do extensive research into all the bevande and stuzzichini in Stresa. I'll search far and wide, high and low, going out for aperitivo every evening if I must. Just for the blog of course...

Follow On Facebook For More Posts

PLANNING A TRIP TO STRESA?

PLANNING A TRIP TO STRESA?
A Top Attractions Starting Point

SOME IMPORTANT DATES


Visit The Stresa Tourist Office For Complete Event Schedules

VACATIONS AND WORKSHOPS

VACATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
Before or after Stresa, plan more of your trip to Italy with Villa Vita!

CURRENCY CONVERTER

CURRENCY CONVERTER
Click here for a fast and easy currency converter.

STRESA SIGHTS by DANA KAPLAN

STRESA SIGHTS by DANA KAPLAN