- ▼ 2014 (40)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (65)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (160)
Saturday, January 11, 2014
9:21 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Just look at this gorgeous photo of Cannobio, a few nights ago, taken by local professional photographer Giancarlo Parazzoli. The occasion is the annual celebration in Cannobio, each January 7, called Sacra Costa. The Sacra Costa commemorates a religious event that occurred in 1522, when a painting of the Virgin Mary in the local church was witnessed to be bleeding. To remember this, each year on January 7 thousands of red candle luminaries are lit along the lakefront and through the town, figuratively representing a procession of the painting through the streets.
( more )
Here's another shot:
photo: giancarlo parazzoli takes gorgeous photos of scenery and events in the area, as well as photographing weddings and other occasions. take a look at some more of his works here.
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture
- day trips
- favorite quotations
- for kids
- Friends of Stresa Sights
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- La Lombarda
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- my house
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- What people say...