- ▼ May (5)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
9:22 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
And I'm back!
Thanks to all of you for your patience during my vacation break. Now, let's get back to planning yours! Let's start by taking a look at some new musical events and dates recently added to the calendar for the summer.
This year's dates for Jazz Ascona, the most important festival in Europe dedicated to classical, New Orleans style jazz, are June 21 through July 1, 2012. The 28th edition of the annual ten-day festival will continue its tradition of several years now of inaugurating the event with an opening night of jazz in Stresa, on June 20. This year's Jazz Ascona festival is entitled "Sophisticated Lady," and will be primarily focused on women in jazz. In addition to the Stresa perfromance, this year two other performances are scheduled in Italy: On June 24 and July 1 Cannobio will be the site of concerts.
For full information and schedule see: www.jazzascona.ch
Bande in Concerto
Three Friday evenings in June. Three different bands performing in Piazza Cadorna in the Bande in Concerto show. Here are the perfromances and dates: Friday, June 8 - Corpo Musicale Mottarone directed by Renato De audenzi; Friday, June 22 - Corpo Musicale di Bannio directed by Antonio Manti; and Friday, June 29 - Banda Musicale di Baceno directed by Michele Mandarini.
The dates for the 8th edition of the annual summer Ameno Blues festival are set. Between June 22 and July 14 there will be six evenings of excellent blues music performed at various venues around Ameno. Ameno is a town outside of Orta on Lago d'Orta, and these venues are most easily reached by car. The full schedule and more information can be seen at:
Check the calendar for more upcoming events!
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (36)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (71)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (32)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (28)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (12)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (32)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (11)
- restaurants (41)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (90)
- summer (64)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (29)
- winter (41)