- ▼ March (5)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
7:33 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
I've been meaning to share these photos with you for some time now. They were taken at a cooking lesson at Ristorante Delfino, on Isola Bella. Fabri sent them to me after the lesson, which he had organized for these visitors. He brought them to the island on his private motoscafo, water taxi, they then took their private cooking class with Andrea in the kitchen of his restaurant, and then they all enjoyed pranzo, lunch, with the dish they prepared.
On this day, the dish is pasta Maltagliati con Salsiccia e Zucchini. Mal, meaning bad, and tagliati, meaning cut. Maltagliati is pasta that is very roughly cut from the rolled out sheets of flat dough into random shapes and sizes, and then quickly cooked. Above, Andrea worked with the women forming the dough, and below, a rolling knife is used to cut it into pieces.
Next, fresh zucchini squash and the salciccia, the sausage, are cooked, and eventually all ingredients are mixed together to create the dish.
After the preparation and the cooking -- of course the eating! The pasta lunch was enjoyed with wine, water, and dessert. Aprons were awarded to the apprentice chefs for their efforts, and then they were transported back to the mainland with Fabri and the motoscafo again.
Ristorante Delfino is in its second century of business on Isola Bella.
It is a large restaurant that can accomodate up to 500 guests in several different dining rooms, including a beautiful outdoor dining terrace.
Are you interested in having a cooking lesson as a part of your vacation in Stresa? If you want to know more about this contact us, or write to Fabri directly at: www.maggiorediscovery.com. and read through our tour section for other ideas.
By the way, these women taking the cooking class were visiting Stresa all the way from Cape Town, South Africa, and this was their fifth trip here! Proof again that once is never enough to visit Stresa.
cooking photos courtesy of maggiorediscovery.com
ristorante delfino photos courtesy of ristorantedelfino.com
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (89)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)